Bundt in the Oven
Morning Cake Snobs... I've got a BUNDT in the oven for you today! I baked a blueberry cream cheese pound cake for a volunteers meeting for the food festival Gefiltefest (in May.) Here I am debuting my new apron, a birthday present with my sister "posing" behind me!
And here is the real star of the show, Blueberry Bundt cake with a white chocolate topping:
This is a fairly simple recipe, and the reward is just great!
- 340g unsalted butter
- 8 oz cream cheese (one normal sized packet of Philadelphia)
- 600g sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 390g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- Blueberries, about a bowlful
- 250g white chocolate (optional - for the topping)
- Cream together butter and cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add in sugar and mix until well incorporated.
- Add in eggs one at a time until all are incorporated fully.
- Add in vanilla and salt.
- Sift in flour and mix well.
- Coat your blueberries in some flour and stir them into the batter.
- Butter and flour your Bundt pan, or use cake release spray (I used the latter.)
- Pour mixture into your pan and bake on 160oC for approximately 1 hr and 15 mins.
- Check cake is done by inserting a skewer.
- Leave to cool on a drying rack, leaving the Bundt in the pan.
- Once cooled, flip on your drying rack.
- Melt white chocolate in bain marie and pour liberally over the top. Once this has hardened, SERVE!
This is perfect paired with a cup of tea, and served after dinner or as part of a tea!