Blueberry Crumble cake
This is a really quick and easy cake to whip up, especially if you have a few visitors popping over and you want a little snack!
In fact forget a little snack, like me you wont be able to stop munching it! PS make this in a loaf tin for a real tea-time treat!
- For the crumble topping
- 25g (1oz) plain flour
- 10g (⅓oz) unsalted butter
- 15g (½oz) soft light brown sugar
- 20g whole rolled oats
- A sprinkle of ground cinnamon
- For the cake
- 190g (7oz) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 190g plain flour
- 190g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 25ml semi skimmed milk
- 100g fresh blueberries
- 50g white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 170oC, and grease and flour the loaf tin
- Make the crumble topping first in a bowl by mixing all the dry ingredients together, then rubbing in butter with your fingers. Set aside.
- Then onto the cake! Using a freestanding or hand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until creamy and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs one at a time. If it looks curdled, don't worry!
- Then sift in the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and mix well
- Add in the milk and keep mixing until all lumps are gone.
- Stir in the blueberries and white chocolate chips
- Pour the thick batter into the tin and smooth over
- Press crumble topping into the cake and bake for 45 mins approx
- Leave to cool, remove from tin and serve!
Recipe adapted from Hummingbird