Mini Egg Cookies
Sometimes, you have one of those days where there's so much to do, you barely have a minute to yourself. No time to eat, process, think, just head down and work. Ugh! So, to get my head out of work-mode, I bake! Not anything complicated or unusual, even a one-bowl bake will do it. Preferably with yummy ingredients that can be noshed on the way! Introducing... Peanut butter, mini egg cookies!
For those of you non-Brits, mini eggs are pastel bites of delicious chocolatey goodness, encased in a sugary shell made by Cadburys. Nom.
Take another look... here's the closeup!
Dontcha wanna make these at home? Yeah you do... and you can make it all in ONE BOWL BITCHES! From bowl to baked in half an hour, what could be better?!
Recipe (adapted from Averie Cooks)
- 113g unsalted butter
- 80g smooth, full fat peanut butter
- 220g light brown sugar
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 egg + 1 yolk
- Dollop of vanilla bean paste
- 160g plain flour
- 90g jumbo oats
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Family bag of mini eggs (3/4 per cookie)
- Melt together butter and peanut butter in a bain marie
- When it's all melted together, add in both sugars and mix until combined
- Set in fridge for 5 mins until cooled, then add the egg and yolk, plus vanilla bean and mix again
- Stir in flour, oats and bicarb until combined
- Shape cookies into balls about 1 tablespoon in shape. Doing this made 20 cookies for me
- Push 3-4 eggs into the top of each ball
- Bake on 165oC for approx 11 mins
- They will look underdone but don't fear, wait until they cool! (They will be delicious!)
- Serve with cup of builders tea!