Chocolate Pistachio Brownie Cookies
A mouthful to say, but worth it to eat! These cookies are a delicious mix of salty and sweet, soft and chewy. This is the first recipe I attempted from my fave new cookbook, the Honey & Co: Baking Book. I'm so glad this is the recipe I chose as it was totally delicious, and definitely one of the best recipes I've ever made!
I also made some with just chocolate chips for the non-nut lovers! I also doubled the recipe below to make WAY MORE. Because, cookies.
- 250g dark chocolate
- 50g unsalted butter (I used margarine and it was fine)
- 2 eggs
- 60g white bread flour
- 175g light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 200g chopped pistachios (I coated mine in a tbsp of olive oil, salted, then roasted for 10 mins)
- 200g choc chip of choice if desired
- Pre-heat oven to 180oC
- Cover baking trays in baking parchment or use silicons cookie mats
- Melt the chocolate and butter (or marg) in a bain marie
- Whisk the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy
- Fold the melted chocolate (once cooled) into the egg & sugar mixture
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt and fold until just incorporated.
- Put mixture in fridge for 15 mins (30 if mixture doubled.)
- Lay the pistachios or chocolate out on a tray
- Use a cookie/ice cream scoop to scoop balls of the dough into your hands and then roll in your nuts of chocolate
- Place on tray and flatten slightly.
- Place about 3 cookies per baking tray
- Bake for 12 mins at 180oC
- Wait until cooled to lift off trays and serve!